If you have been running an eCommerce business for some time, you will be aware of the importance of following the latest marketing trends. Not only does it bring in revenue, but also puts you ahead of the competition.
In the current digital market, video marketing is on the top. If you want to reach your target audience, you have to invest in video marketing. But exactly what trends should you follow?
To save you some trouble, we have listed some of the video marketing trends that you should follow in 2021:
Livestream is set to be among the most popular marketing trends of 2021. In 2021, the average US consumer has about 80 apps on their phone. Out of these, about 10% are video streaming apps. If you take a look at the figures, you will see that in 2021, the market for streaming was worth $161.37 billion, which is 55% more than its 2019 value of $104.11 billion. Analysts have predicted that the sector will continue growing in 2021.
The continuous growth of TikTok and the launch of Reels on Instagram in August 2020 has spurred the trend of short-form videos and it will continue to be the trend in 2021. TikTok has taken the world of social media by storm. It is the fastest-growing social media app that is on track to reach 1.2 billion monthly active users on average in 2021. If you want to win at video marketing, you need fast-paced, short-form, and energetic videos.
User-generated video plays an important role in video marketing strategy and that is why it is on the list of the top video marketing trends of 2021. It is extremely effective in attracting users and engaging them. User-generated videos on YouTube have ten times more views than the branded content. It also does a better job of making sales. This works best in industries that rely heavily on user opinions like beauty, health, and travel.
Educational and training videos
Since the pandemic has forced students and employees to continue their studies and work respectively from home, there is a window of opportunity for creators. eLearning can be the next big trend of 2021. With a large target audience, it is safe to say that the e-Learning market will be experiencing a huge surge.
Interactive AR content
The virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) market is going to see a lot of growth in 2021. In fact, according to Statista 2020, this market will reach $72.8 billion in 2024. Through this technology, customers will be able to visualize the products from the comfort and safety of their homes. Brands like IKEA have already added VR to their online content.
These were the top video marketing trends to follow in 2021. By using these insights, you will have a better idea of what video marketing strategy suits your brand the best.
Broadcasting anything comes with challenges. There is no way to stop or have do-overs which make quick thinking and multitasking critical. The only way to get better at it is to do it more. In this article, we have laid down a few tips that will ensure that your live streaming video production is carried out smoother and better.
- Have a simple setup – The more equipment you add to your setup, the more complex it will become. And if any one of these parts fails in the middle of your stream, the success of your live show will be at risk. To lower the risk of technical errors, you have to keep your setup as simple as possible.
- Keep backup – Even if you have a simple setup, it might fail. Encoders like Pearl-2 are reliable, but it is smaller components that you have to worry about like monitors and cables that pose a risk of failure. It is in your best interest to play it safe and have a backup of your gear at all times.
- Ensure bandwidth – If you have been in the online business for some time, you must know your network. Before you start our live stream, test your upload speed to make sure that you have consistent bandwidth, or else your audience might not be able to view your live stream.
- Put aside extra time for audio – Audio setup doesn’t often get the required attention. In order to deliver a professional live stream, having high-quality audio is critical. So make sure that you have ample time for testing acoustics, configuring the audio encoding settings, minimizing room noise, etc.
- Test your stream using a backup account – It is important to use your backup account for testing your stream. For example, on Facebook, you can create a new account with private publishing notifications and no friends. And while you are streaming through the backup account, you can view the broadcast from your main account and get a perspective of your audience.
- Look at the camera – You should look at your camera and not the monitor. Some people use reference monitors below their camera to access it easily. However, this location makes it tempting to look at the monitor for longer than you have to. Do not keep staring at your monitor and make sure that your eye line is directly into the camera lens.
It is important to note that there will always be an unexpected element at the live stream. And that is what makes it interesting. Once you have everything in motion, just have fun.
Video marketing is the future. And if you don’t involve it in your marketing strategy, you will be left behind.
An important aspect of video marketing is tracking video marketing metrics. But, what metrics are important and can help you increase sales, inform your customers, and build brand awareness? In this article, we will be answering this question.
Here are the top seven video marketing metrics you should know about:
These are among the easiest metrics to track and yet they are the most misleading. By tracking your views, you only know how many people clicked play on your video. Also, every platform has a different definition of view count. You need to educate yourself on these definitions.
This refers to the total amount of time a viewer has watched the video actively. It helps in getting a better understanding of how engaging your content actually is. Since it gives you a complete picture of video performance, it is among the most requested metrics.
Average view duration
We can use the average view duration for calculating the time an average user is spending watching your video content. Platforms like YouTube and Facebook calculate this for you. By knowing if your audience watches your 15 seconds or 30 seconds videos consistently, you can work on your video’s length.
Average percent completion
This metrics gives the average percentage of users that watched the video completely. For example, switching from 30 seconds video to 15 seconds video can increase your average percent completion.
Audience retention refers to the percentage of people who continued watching your video at a given time. More than often, it is shown in the form of a graph so that you know exactly when the video viewership dipped. This metric helps in determining what video elements are failing and causing the viewers to drop off.
Sound off vs. sound on
Videos on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook play videos automatically in user feeds, but they are often on mute. The goal of your video is to make it interesting enough for the viewers to unmute the video to listen to the sound. For platforms that play video without sound, you can add text captions or tutorials with screen directions.
If you have decided to live stream or host a live amount, the number of people who clicked on your live video while you were recording is counted as live views. After the event is over, you can check the audience retention and average view duration metrics to get a better understanding of how well your video captured the attention of the audience.
Whether you are starting your YouTube channel, live streaming your webinar, or making marketing videos, tracking these video marketing metrics can help you reach your goals.